The Little Red River Cree Nation is currently seeking to fill the position for a Director of Operations. The Director of Operations will be responsible for directing and facilitating the development and delivery of programs and services and will act as a liaison with government officials, internal and/or external service providers, along with community boards and/or groups. This is a full-time permanent position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Actively participate in the development and implementation of the overall strategic direction and goals of LRRCN;
- Act as a professional advisor to program managers and conduct official correspondence on behalf of LRRCN as appropriate.
- Financial Management: Ensure the appropriate financial management of the nation’s budget;
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and other management level employees to prepare, manage and execute a comprehensive annual budget for all programs and services.
- Community Engagement/Public Relations: Maintain and develop strong community connections and partnerships;
- Establish effective working and collaborative relations with community members and external service providers to ensure the goals, vision and mission of LRRCN are achieved.
- Operations/Administration: Oversee the daily operations of programs and services using all and/or any approved LRRCN: Policies and Procedures;
- Develop and implement operational plans which guide the nation’s projects, programs and services, ensuring to identify gaps in program services.
- Human Resource Management: Review, develop and implement policies and procedures on an ongoing basis, alongside with the Human Resource Coordinator; • Complete probationary (new hires only) and annual reviews for all management level employees;
- Participate in the hiring process when required to do so.
- Other duties as maybe required.
- BA degree in Business Administration or any other relevant program with a minimum for three (3) years’ work experience within a senior management level position;
- Must have excellent inter-personal, communication and analytical skills;
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience working with computer software applications;
- Must have the ability to work in a high paced environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- Must be willing to work extensive hours including weekends when required to do so;
- Must be willing to travel when required to do so;
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Must have a valid Alberta Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to speak and understand the Cree language is considered an asset.
Deadline: Applications accepted until a suitable candidate selected.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Arthur Dumaine Chief Executive Officer
Phone: 780-759-3912/780-926-5725 Fax: 780-759-3780/780-926-5742
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants in advance.