The Little Red River Group of Companies based in High Level, Alberta, operates businesses in civil, marine, and home construction, forestry, firefighting, equipment rentals, propane distribution and retail.
Our expanding operations require the services of a highly motivated, responsible, and dedicated individual for the position of Manager for our new Caribou Mountain Travel Centre. The Travel Centre is located 40 KM from High Level and includes a Petro Can gas station, Country Style Donuts, and a fast-food burger/chicken establishment. This person is responsible for the safe and profitable operations of the business.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporate Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hiring, training, motivating, and monitoring staff
• Daily sales/cash reports and deposits
• Financial planning and management; monitoring and controlling costs to maintain profit margin targets
• Daily bookkeeping and cash reconciliations
• Product ordering, pricing, stocking
• Local advertising, customer service management and promotion
• Daily tank dips and console reconciliations
• Individual shift sales to cash reconciliations
• Inventory counts at each shift start and end
• Performs other duties as required
• 5 years minimum retail management experience
• 3+ years staff supervisory experience
• Retail fuel and fast-food management experience an asset
• Retail business start up experience an asset
• Experience in handling and managing cash
• Proven customer relationship management experience
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of computing software (Microsoft, Sage, Email, and internet usage)
• Clean criminal record; must be bondable
• Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract
• Additional franchise training will be provided
A competitive base salary, incentive pay and comprehensive paid benefits package including medical, dental, pension and life insurance will be offered. Relocation expenses negotiable.