The Little Red River Cree Nation Community Services Program is currently seeking to fill the position for the Workforce Development Liaison worker. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish positive working relations with internal and external service providers, such as but not limited to businesses, industry, organizations etc…to create a network of potential employers for cliental
- Prepare and initiate an annual workforce development analysis that identifies community, training and marketing needs
- Conduct one on one coaching sessions with cliental, ensuring client success in attaining employment is accomplished through mentoring, coordinating and accommodating the needs of the client
- Deliver job readiness preparation workshops (as needed) such as interview preparation, creating effective resume and cover letter, independent job search techniques, etc.
- Receive, distribute and document all activities with internal and external service providers, company’s, businesses, industries, organizations etc. Ensuring to maintain an ongoing flow of communication.
- Assist in planning and participating in community events as it relates to employment
- Maintain and complete confidential client records; both print and electronic.
- Ensure strict adherence to client confidentiality and all other professional codes of conduct.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Minimum grade twelve education and/or a minimum of one-year experience working within an office setting.
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work independently or within a team setting.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
- Should have reliable transportation as travel between LRRCN communities may be required.
- Should have a valid Alberta Driver’s License and drivers abstract.
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record check.
Deadline: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Employment Facilitation Manager
Phone: 780-659-2714 Fax: 780-659-2716
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email is preferred)
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants in advance.